I suggest you ...

Allow for us to have multiple accounts signed in at one time.

This is similar to having AIM linked but I know that many people use AIM for role-playing purposes and thus have many different usernames that they use. I enjoy the new AIM format, however not being able to have as many screen names as I want signed in at a time limits me and I have to result to using other services such as Adium, Pidgin, and Meebo.

375 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not happy with the new AIM at all. Can't link accounts. I guess I'm going to have to try some other services.

Please bring back the linking of two or more screen names!!! Its inconvenient to have to use different things all the time!

I desperately need screen names linked... therefore I use the old version of aim but I have so many that even on there, with the limit I can't fit them all... so I end up using entirely different clients that allow it in order to fit them all. (I'm a roleplayer as you might be able to tell).

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"will the first three people stop using text talk and start socializing like normal people!!!"

Define normal? Many Deaf folks still use text/IM (myself included). Not all of us LIKE video chat and the like or even have the necessary equipment (I still do not have a webcam (don't judge).

Looks like AIM still won't return this functionality (we're up to version 8 now...)

• David Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aim would allow all the windows messenger friends to be allowed on aim .Skype is very confuseing to alot of people and it just not same

• Paxie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of the above points. Please bring back screen name linking!

This is absolutely necessary. If you don't restore this functionality, my days as an AIM user are over.

I absolutely agree. I stopped using AIM because it won't let me link accounts like the old one did.

I couldn't agree with this more! I need the multiple accounts. It's the only reason I am still using old AIM.

I have multiple screen names for different uses, even one I share with my husband for household reasons. I do like the new AIM, but I need to have access to those other screen names, there for I am still using the older version of AIM.

Bring back screen name linking.

• Yuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with this. I use multiple user names for my role playing purposes and when I tried out the new version of AIM, I was highly disappointed... I stick with the old version of AIM because I have so many names that I'm not just going to leave in the dust because of a new update. I need those user names. So unless the new AIM allows multiple user names, then I won't be using it.

• megan longo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

will the first three people stop using text talk and start socializing like normal people!!!

• Julia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. One account for all people (i.e work, college, family) is too much to try to fit into one account and keep organized.

Not only for roleplaying purposes, but I usually need at least two different accounts for work conferences and for my personal enjoyment (since the curtiegurl91 screenname I've used since nearly forever isn't appropriate for handing out to coworkers, you know?) and the inability to link screennames is really inconvenient.

AIM logo

AIM has evolved. Learn more at aim.com.

Feedback and Knowledge Base