I suggest you ...

Return the original functionality of AIM, with the new features of the recent update.

Allow us to have the original functions of the previous AIM with the new features planned for the recent update, like: use of Lifestream, interaction with status updates and links posted in either the status updates and Lifestream, buddy groups, preference and privacy settings, reliable social account linking, interface skins, and a reliable way to know whether people are away/busy, mobile, or simply online. It would be much appreciated from many and would counter a lot of the issues faithful AOL/AIM users had encountered.

423 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Seven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Asure Tope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the new stuff should have come out like a modifiable theme. Some of it is seriously annoying and makes the program ****** to use. The list names are too large now and the font size can't be adjusted back. The chat bubble is an option that I tend to avoid in most if not all of my clients, I tend to color code. Also, there should be a tablet vs phone app that allows for better integration. The iPad would get the push only if I set it to when I was using the computer. This turn chat into "email" chat while adds some convenience it does slow things down and should be more something the app offers but only when turned on.

• Earl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old aim was the only app that would recognize when I'm using chat on the computer and thus not send push until I went back to my phone. Now that that feature is gone, this app looks a lot like all the other free ones.

Additionally, now it makes me appear available always, even if I haven't used the app for a long time. Why take away idle displays?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forget mobile or what not WE NEED LIFE STREAM! Not "user updates" I hate this new aim. I for one want the old aim. I didn't even know it was the same aim I thought it was some stupid website making fun of this one!! Now I think I should do that

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No the biggest problem is that the new update sucks!!! GO BACK TO THE OLD AIM/AOL!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the biggest problem is indeed not being able to see when people are mobile if we are mobile.

AIM logo

AIM has evolved. Learn more at aim.com.

Feedback and Knowledge Base