I suggest you ...

Get the original AIM sounds back

Back when AIM was on the computer and everytime you received an IM, there would be thy specific sound. The originally sound.
I want that.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lauren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Adam responded  · 

There’s been some fierce debate on what sounds to include…hope to share more in an update soon.

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

are you listening AIm??? The new software sucksssssssssss fix it, yyou are supposed to improve new versions, not take away everything that was great about it!! Get the options back!!!!!! Sound would be a good start!!!!

I HATE that there are no sound options. I used to enjoy being able to choose which sound would represent my messages, and if I were away from my computer, I could tell who was trying to contact me just by their sound. I don't know why this feature is gone now. Very disappointed. Bring it back!

• Abagail Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know i hate the upgrade i cant even do my message tones or smiley faces anymore that was the best part of aim for people without businesses

• David Talbot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely terrible. I am switching my entire company from AIM to...anything else. This must be the most misguided "upgrade" I have ever seen.

• Tim H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had my old version set to have different sounds for certain people when they sign on or off. Now I can't do it. Are the AIM absolutely stupid??? There are too many options and I will switch to a better service. AOL must want to completely kill the entire company as they make really really stupid decisions!

WHY take everything away. Can you at least answer why you would purposely make your product less user friendly? How is that a good idea? What is there to debate over?

No options is a huge step backwards. I don't understand why all of my sound options, among others, are now gone. The new "dumbed down" AIM is insulting - we're all moving over to Yahoo chat.

• Crayon Violent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW the only reason I got the newest version is because I just got a new computer and went to install AIM and that's what AOL is trying to push to people now. But I just went back and found a little link at the bottom of the page, found you can (re)install the previous version here: http://www.aim.com/legacydownloads

• Crayon Violent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version of AIM is TERRIBLE. no voice chat (except to go through the video chat w/out video). no changing fonts/colors. no changing sound?? no changing the stupid chat bubbles back to how NORMAL people read. no separation of friends list and chat windows. no changing connection settings. WTF were you thinking AOL???

• kimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new aim is terribleeeeeeeeee. can't group people and so many things i can't do

• Grizzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are no options like before. It doesn't feel like aim. It feels like a new app. Like IM+.

• Cinthia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish they can bring back everything classic. Like the Icon or at least make the character classic.

AIM logo

AIM has evolved. Learn more at aim.com.

Feedback and Knowledge Base