I suggest you ...

Move the friggin SEND button!

Please for the love of god will you move the "Send" button to a place where every other sentence it doesn't accidentally get hit? It's right next to the M and backspace buttons. Move it to the right of the text input field like almost EVERY other text input form on the iPhone has! How has nobody complained about this before? I'm seriously about to stop using it for that reason.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TJ P. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Adam responded  · 

Hi TJ,

We are looking into moving it to where the SMS’ “Send” button is, but we want to ensure that this doesn’t cause too many issues for users who are used to the current placement.

We’ll let you know when we have any updates to share.

Thanks!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, so many time I've hit send by accident. really annoying!!
        Move the bloody thing!!~!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Adam

I totally agree with TJP.
        Being a contractor, I send out quotes to potentially new customers at times.
        In the middle of the message I hit the send button because of its position.
        I have to finish the text or quote with a second message.
        It makes me look unprofessional.
        Please relocate it to the Top of the screen or away from the text area.

Thank you
        Jerry

• TJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya know I just had a thought, to the guy who said the current placement of the Send button doesn't cause too many issues...... How would know that? There is no way you can possibly know that unless you assume that everybody complains and exerts the same amount of energy I have here only to get a total lack of response from the management. Everyone I know that uses AIM mobile absolutely HATES the current placement of it. Don't be so naive to think its not causing problems.

Just wanted to bump this thread to get activity from someone at AIM. We're now in May, do you have update on when this might be coming? I can assure you will make SO many people happy by moving that "Send" button up top just like regular SMS. I haven't met one person who uses AIM mobile who hasn't also been frustrated with its current position. Im even happy to beta test if you need someone to. Thanks again.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who are we talking about? I think you mean WHAT are we talking about. We want the send button in the same slot as the regular SMS text message button is (in comparison to the keyboard).

Thank you so much for replying! You have no idea how much that will do! Are you sure it doesn't caust a lot of issues though? Every person I message on AIM, litereally every single one, all has the problem and so much so that it's become a running joke every time it happens. I would think the more likely answer would be that most people aren't as motivated as me to actually write in a comment but who knows. I'm just super happy you are changing it, any idea when it might be ready? Thanks again.

• Tricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. It's really annoying to keep hitting the send when you don't mean to. I don't care where you put it, except where it is now.

AIM logo

AIM has evolved. Learn more at aim.com.

Feedback and Knowledge Base